- A fully plumbed in "Turdis" with loo, sink, heating.
- motion sensors turn on lights when you enter
- phillips hue lighting changes colours throughout the evening
- WeMo switches for lighting + motion control - fully controlled from anywhere in the world from a phone ;)
- linked to ifttt.com to auto-tweet temperatures, rain, upcoming weather
- has it's own twitter account at http://twitter.com/tardisloo and tweets automatically throughout the day on entry, weather changes, location changes (owner leaves / enters area)
April 2015 - new refit on the inside - latest photos are here https://www.facebook.com/jasonkneen/posts/10152759081 552267
The idea was conceived a few years ago when I needed an office in the garden and a loo - I didn't want to lose space in our outbuilding and my wife knew I liked the idea of having a tardis so we did both! The Tardis itself was bought, and installed onsite and then I had a contractor refit the internals of the tardis to be a loo, using a saniflo system, sink, heating and electrics. The icing on the cake was hooking up WeMo switches with Hue lighting + triggers and a Twitter account. The Tardis auto-tweets throughout the day, tracks weather, temperature etc (and tweets it) - It's got it's own Twitter account and followers!