Given Ive no building or joinery experience whatsoever, Google and YouTube became my new best friends. Where I could I wanted to follow correct construction techniques and of course follow the golden rule of measure twice, cut once (or is that measure once, cut twice) either way as you can see something worked !! The main challenges were:
1. Finding local suppliers who were open during Lockdown
2. Keeping a wifi signal for YouTube and Google
3. Keeping safe whilst dangling off ladders 12 foot above the ground whilst putting on the roof for the tower
4. Not eating too much during Lockdown so that I could still get in (and out) through the doorway
5. Making sure I was well behaved. Apparently we dont have a naughty step anymore and Im no longer being sent to Coventry, just off to the Castle (or dungeons) whichever takes my wifes fancy !!
Joking apart, the whole build has been a step in to the unknown but has been great fun and Ive enjoyed every minute. It just shows what you can achieve with just a bit of love and a whole lot of enthusiasm.
Winterwood Shed of the Year 2021 (the Making of)