Our shed was nearly collapsed with a bowing roof, damp and became a dumping ground for our junk when we decided to turn it into a studio for me to run my business from home. After a complete renovation, I now have a fully functioning studio. We had spoken about knocking the shed down completely as we thought it was in disrepair but I am glad we put the hard work in as the difference is impressive.
I wanted to try and re-use or up-cycle as much as I could to keep costs down. I also tried to keep a few touches of my Granddad in the shed as it was originally his, so I upcycled his shelving unit which was originally Orange & Blue as well as giving some of his old work posters / advertisement a new lease of life. I also managed to get a few pieces for free (the mirror, seat, the TV unit etc) which again, assisted in keeping costs down.
During lockdown 1.0 I decided it was the time to try and make the exterior look more appealing. Using pieces of discarded wood / boards, the exterior was boarded up and then painted. I then found an old pallet which was then created into a planter. During this time my Mum was re-tiling her shower so had plenty of rubble sacks of broken tiles. As it was lockdown the recycling centres were closed so I decided to try and put the tiles into good use and ended up creating a floral mosaic.
If you like what we do, why not support readersheds and shedoftheyear
Need to add more photos or edit your text of your shed, then do it here.
Home from Home
The Pub Shed
The Highland Retreat
The Lockdown Lavatory